How do I make my shoes look new again? This is a common question asked by many, and if your mind is bagging you with the same question, this article is your answer. No one wants to wear shoes that look old. So, if you're going to wear something that looks new, do you have to go to the store and get yourself a new pair every day? I don’t think so.
One thing you should note is that you don’t need magic or superpowers to keep your shoes looking new. You’d be surprised by the simple things you need to do. Below are some of the must-do things for you to accomplish this desire:
- Clean Your Shoes the Right Way
Washing shoes is an activity that seems so easy and straightforward until you do it and discover otherwise. You can wash your shoes, thinking you are keeping them look good but, in turn, end up doing damage to them. So, how do you do it and ensure they maintain their shape and good condition? Below is a simple tutorial on how to do it.
- Remove the laces from the shoes.
- Scrub off the excess dirt by using a soft brush or knocking the shoe soles together.
- Spot clean your shoes using a damp towel.
- If all the stains are not removed by spot cleaning, do a deep clean by dipping a soft brush in warm water and then pouring some detergent on it. Then scrub your shoe gently until all the stains are gone.
- Rinse your shoes, but in this step, avoid using water directly. Instead, remove the excess suds and soap using a microfiber towel.
- Use the steps above to clean the mid-sole.
- Wash your laces by scrubbing them or by machine washing.
- Finally, after everything is clean, leave the shoes to dry overnight.
- Use Sneaker Spray
Spraying your shoes with a sneaker spray gives them a good coating that will keep them waterproof and stain resistant.
- Get a Sneaker Shield & Sneaker Tree.
A sneaker shield crease protector protects and prevents your shoes from forming creases that make them look very old and worn out. Use one whilst you walk for a guaranteed crease free life!
It’s also important to ensure your shoes keep its shape. Use a sneaker tree by placing the trees inside your shoes overnight to remove current creases and make your shoes go back to its original shape.
- Proper Storage
You may follow all the points explained above, but if you do not store your shoes well, all your other efforts will be in vain. The best place to store them is in storage boxes. Ensure to buy a UV protective storage box to prevent your shoes from discolouring.
In conclusion, you do not have to spend your bucks every time you want a new wear. You can still have your old sneakers on but looking as new as you bought them. All you need to do is follow the guidelines explained in this article, and your shoes will look new again.